… be what we were made to be,
without enviously or pridefully comparing ourselves with each other,
or trying to be something we aren’t.
Romans 12:4-6 (The Message)
God created you and you are unique. Your personality, passion, natural talents, experience and education all combine to determine who you are and what you enjoy. I encourage you to use all of the resources below to help you find out more about yourself and what you do best.
5 Tools to Discover What You Do Best
- Spiritual Gifts Assessment – God created you and He instilled within you some unique gifts and talents, so use this short questionnaire to help determine your God-given abilities.
- Personality Assessment – There are many free personality assessments available on the internet. Take a few assessments to see if there is a common thread that emerges.
- Introvert vs Extrovert – Introversion is not a negative personality trait but it is often portrayed as such. See my post on this subject for a questionnaire and some job examples for each in 5 different fields.
- Holland Code Career Model – See my post on this subject for an explanation of the codes and a link to the Career Interests Game.
- Personal Coaching – If you aren’t sure about your purpose and career direction, one-on-one coaching may be the solution. My friend and Christian Business Coach, Caroline Gavin, is pursuing her dream career and would love to help you do the same.
These tools will help you gain a clearer understanding of what you like and dislike and what careers are a good fit for you, but always seek divine wisdom and direction from your Creator.
Let’s Pray: My Creative Lord, Thank You for creating me so uniquely. I know that I am very valuable and when I align myself with the way You created me, I will be fulfilled and fruitful. Help me be the best ME that You created me to be.
QUESTION: How well do you know yourself? Use the comment form to share your thoughts.Have a Victorious Day! Marianne